- Project Manager: Jason Mortimore
- Site Foreman: Owen Jelliff
- Project Title: Arch Brown
- Client Name: City of Casey
- Project Type: Council; renovation and extension
- Project Size: approx. 140sqm
- Project Cost: approx. $450k
- Project Schedule: Mid Jan – May 2016 (16 weeks)
Berwicks’ Arch Brown Tennis Pavillion was built back in the 1970s. Cellstruct were contracted to demolish approximately half the building, then reconstruct it and add a 75sqm extension. The entire building was gutted and refitted out with new male, female and disable compliant bathrooms, a maintenance store room, a new canteen, bar and kitchen with walk in pantry, and a large open function space.
We also constructed 70sqm of external concrete pavement and disable compliant access ramps. All the original timber window and door frames were replaced with new aluminium frames, and all the old mechanical and electrical installations were upgraded.
Asbestos removal was required throughout the demolition process, however the project ran smoothly and was handed over two weeks ahead of schedule.